Re: [scrumdevelopment] Spicing up the sprint demo

  • Alexandre Reis
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 18, 2010
      I like the idea, except in a cross-functional team, you expect everyone, or at least not a single person to be involved in the completion of a story.

      There's been quotes of "hyper-productivity" in this list before when teams "swarm" on stories, working as a unit to bring them to completion.

      Still the hot-seat thing is great. I myself tend to have team members alternate as the demo host every iteration (we work wih 1 week sprints)

      Regards,

      Alexandre M. Reis
      http://alexmreis.com

      On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 7:42 AM, Anuerin Diaz <ramfree17@...> wrote:

      Hi,

      We actually let the person(s) who did the user story demonstrate it.
      It is their "time to shine" and it gives them a sense of
      accomplishment.

      In order to do this all of the completed stories and test data are
      prepared in a single computer that is used for the demo. The machine
      then becomes a hot-seat wherein a member who just finished the demo
      just slides out while introducing the next member. If we have some
      extra time before the sprint demo then we perform a dry run.

      ciao!

      --
      "Programming, an artform that fights back"

      Anuerin G. Diaz
      Registered Linux User #246176
      Friendly Linux Board @ http://mandrivausers.org/index.php
      http://ramfree17.net/capsule , when you absolutely have nothing else