Story points vs. amount of work (hours). Differences and Equality ???

  • Byron R.
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2010
      I have been trying to find the better way to explain to my team, which is recently adopting Agile practices based on SCRUM process, the difference(s) between Story points and amount of work represented in hours. Any advice will be helpful... Thanks
    • xJUSSIx
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2010
        Have you read Mike Cohn's material?

        http://blog.mountaingoatsoftware.com/its-effort-not-complexity

        Also make sure to check out his presentation material there if you haven't already done so.

        /Jussi

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2010
          Hello, Byron. On Thursday, July 1, 2010, at 11:38:18 PM, you
          wrote:

          > I have been trying to find the better way to explain to my team,
          > which is recently adopting Agile practices based on SCRUM process,
          > the difference(s) between Story points and amount of work
          > represented in hours. Any advice will be helpful... Thanks

          My first bit of advice will sound like a question.

          Please tell us why you want to explain that difference, and what the
          team thinks now.

          www.xprogramming.com/blog