Re: [scrumdevelopment] Certified Scrum Tester

    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 1, 2010
      Hello, Markus. On Wednesday, June 30, 2010, at 2:05:11 PM, you
      wrote:

      > Yesterday I researched the topic of the CSD. Being a tester, one thing that
      > interested me was how to get certified as a tester for Scrum. Valueing a
      > cross-functional team inside Scrum, I was wondering how programmers and testers
      > get integrated on the certification level.

      Some of the other answers here were pretty good. As far as I know,
      there is no "official" answer at the Scrum Alliance level, nor does
      there need to be.

      My course with Chet does not contemplate having "pure" testers in
      the class, nor is it incompatible with that. A tester who can read
      Java, or better yet write it, may be able to contribute more. The
      course includes automated acceptance "checking", so a tester who can
      use tools like FitNesse could contribute strongly there. And, of
      course, a good tester is a great asset as the team tries to figure
      out what the Product Owner means by whatever they're saying.

      In our classes, there are always many points where the inquiring
      mind of a tester might have drawn out important issues and avoided
      mistakes.

      I could imagine a CSD course directed at testers, and I'm quite sure
      that the SA would look favorably on such a thing as leading to the
      CSD. Whether there need to be "branches" of the CSD I'm not sure. My
      own philosophy leads me to want cross-functional people as well as
      cross-functional teams, so I would prefer to have all the team
      members familiar with and at least basically capable in all the key
      development practices.

      www.xprogramming.com/blog
      Talent determines how fast you get good, not how good you get.
      -- Richard Gabriel
    • Markus Gaertner
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 1, 2010
        Thanks Ron. Your answer makes me want to attend your course immediately. :)

        Kind regards
        Markus Gaertner
        http://blog.shino.de