RE: [scrumdevelopment] Enterprise Roll up (was: CA Agile Vision experience?)

  • Roy Morien
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 25, 2010
      By the way, just in case anyone thought I was being a bit facetious or not serious, if you Google 'management by walking around' you will find quite a few sites discussing and defining it.

      For example http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/management-by-walking-around-MBWA.html

      If you see this site, you will see "The purpose of this exercise is to collect qualitative information, listen to suggestions and complaints, and keep a finger on the pulse of the organization.

      Regards,
      Roy Morien

      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      From: mark@...
      Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 11:39:59 -0400
      Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] Enterprise Roll up (was: CA Agile Vision experience?)

      John - I suggest to your managers that the best to understand project status is to leave their offices, walk around, meet the team members. Look for ScrumBoards, attend daily standups and listen, listen, listen. They will learn far more doing this than any electronic tool no matter how good.

      Cheers
      Mark Levison

      Find it on Domain.com.au Need a new place to live?