RE: [scrumdevelopment] Use of Scrum/Agile in the off the shelf /COTS implementation internal to the org

  • Tirrell Payton
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2010
      Hello Suresh,

      I have experience in using Scrum/Agile in COTS products, most recently having deployed a PLM system (similar to ERP) at a large industrial equipment manufacturer.

      The way we created sprint cycles to implement the product was to base it on audiences and functionality.  We used 'demonstration of operational or business value' as a guiding principle for all our sprints.

      -Tirrell Payton

      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      From: sureshsank@...
      Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 22:32:57 +0000
      Subject: [scrumdevelopment] Use of Scrum/Agile in the off the shelf /COTS implementation internal to the org

      Hello,

      Has anyone used Scrum/Agile to implement IT products (Eg Oracle products )? How do you create sprint cycles to implement the IT product ? If you have done successful IT product deployment using scrum /agile can you please share you're learning experiences?

      Suresh
      sureshsank@...