Re: [scrumdevelopment] Impediment Reporting

  • todd
    Message 1 of 66 , Oct 2, 2004
      Ron Jeffries wrote:

      > On Saturday, October 2, 2004, at 12:21:55 AM, Dion Stewart wrote:
      >
      > > Forcing people to work overtime doesn't change their behavior.
      >
      > Nor does it get more work done, or better work done. Quite the contrary in
      > most cases.

      What is overtime? 40 hr per week is a made up number. 50 hr per week is
      perfectly
      acceptable amount of time. There's no reason for a drop in quality at 50
      hr week.
      Personally, anything above that on a sustained basis, i can't do. And i know
      that because i have the feedback of my tests and velocity.

      If i am at startup, we have X funding, we have Y truly required
      features, release date
      Z, and T total person hours, then i can't be so religious about the
      hours i work.
      Yes, i know all the tradeoffs, but working more, as long as you are
      being productive
      is a necessary option. When you sign up to a startup you know what the
      deal is.
      And you always know when quality is dropping so you can adjust accordingly.
      I can't imagine an absolute rule based on no research being a good basis for
      deciding how long to work.
    • Deb
      Message 66 of 66 , Oct 9, 2004
        Ken's CSM course does cover Scrum pre-project steps - at different
        levels of detail for different situations: New Unfunded Projects, New
        Funded Projects, Ongoing Projects, Fixed Price/Fixed Date Projects. In
        my copy of the methodology book, these are grouped under the title
        "planning" which occurs before the first Sprint Planning meeting.