RE: [scrumdevelopment] Impediment Reporting

  • Mike Cohn
    Message 1 of 66 , Oct 1, 2004
      There's never a "massive amount of overtime." If something's wrong, it's
      wrong and something gets negotiated out of the sprint with the Product
      Owner.

      What's committed to is the Sprint Goal, which is a more general definition
      and fuzzier than the Sprint Backlog (list of tasks/stories). I've never had
      a Scrum team work massive overtime. I've had them once or twice a year (*at
      most*) kick it up to 50 or so if they've been highly aggressive in figuring
      out what to do for a sprint.

      --Mike Cohn
      www.mountaingoatsoftware.com
      www.userstories.com

      Message 66 of 66 , Oct 9, 2004
        Ken's CSM course does cover Scrum pre-project steps - at different
        levels of detail for different situations: New Unfunded Projects, New
        Funded Projects, Ongoing Projects, Fixed Price/Fixed Date Projects. In
        my copy of the methodology book, these are grouped under the title
        "planning" which occurs before the first Sprint Planning meeting.