Multiple department project - How to choose product owner

  • mattspottiswoode
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2010
      Interested in how others approach this and to hopefully validate my thinking. We are starting up a new project to develop a new product (savings product). This will need involvement from multiple departments but the main customers being Marketing and Customer Services. Inexperienced Scrum users are suggesting we have multiple product owners, however I really want to avoid this. I think Marketing should provide the product owner as they drive the priorities of the product features and are best placed to assess ROI. However, the priority of user stories will affect Customer Services and the overall cost of administration of the product.

      Is anyone in a similar situation, how has this been approached?.