[scrumdevelopment] Job Titles of Agile Project Sponsors?

  • Michael Spayd
    Message 1 of 5 , May 27, 2010
      What Ronica is saying makes sense; I tend to work in large orgs with quite a few layers. The issue is: who within the org has perceived clout. Clout can come from expertise, relationships, or title; it depends on the type of culture you are dealing with.

      Michael

      From: Ronica Roth <ironica99@...>
      Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 09:29:39 -0600
      Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] Job Titles of Agile Project Sponsors?

      Ainsley,

      I've been working with a customer for whom many sponsors have a title of Director.

      Not sure that's a counter to Michael's comment--I would say this company has a little bit flatter organization. Also, because of Agile their "projects" have gotten smaller. I think that's a factor, too.

      Ronica

      On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 2:42 PM, Michael Spayd <michael@...> wrote:

      Hi Ainsley,

      My experience with sponsors is that they typically have the title of VP or Sr. VP. If they have a title below that, it has usually not been a very effective project/product, in my experience. I can certainly imagine an exception, but not very many.

      Michael

      --
      Collective Edge Coaching, llc
      "Helping teams to perform, and organizations to transform."

      On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 2:31 PM, apitch27 <anies@...> wrote:

      We typically use the term "Project Sponsor" to refer to a person who funds, supplies the business case for and actively supports a project. There can be many Stakeholders on a project but usually not more than 1-2 Sponsors.

      I'm interested in finding out the different job titles of folks who take the Sponsor role for agile projects.

      What have you experienced?

      Thanks,
      Ainsley

      --
      ironica99 (at) gmail (dot) com

      The Man Burns...Every Day

      --
      Collective Edge Coaching, llc
      "Helping teams to perform, and organizations to transform."
      www.collective-edge.com
      Michael K. Spayd, Principal & Chief Sage, ORSCC
      (720) 300.5286  - (USA)
      michael@...