Re: [scrumdevelopment] Impediment Reporting

  • todd
    Message 1 of 66 , Oct 1, 2004
      Ron Jeffries wrote:
      > I was not aware that Sprint Goals were absolute commitments. I'm
      still not.

      My reading is that sprints are time-boxed so features would be dropped
      to make the time.

      Though if features were consistently be dropped that would indicate a
      problem of some sort.
      I think it is fair to remind people that they really need to bring
      up problems and that commiting to a feature is not done lightly.
      Causing mental anguish on a failure may not be such a good idea
      though :-)

      Maybe have a wiki/email list/discussion board if people don't want to
      talk about some problems it in front of people. This is a very big
      cultural issue.
    • Deb
      Message 66 of 66 , Oct 9, 2004
        Ken's CSM course does cover Scrum pre-project steps - at different
        levels of detail for different situations: New Unfunded Projects, New
        Funded Projects, Ongoing Projects, Fixed Price/Fixed Date Projects. In
        my copy of the methodology book, these are grouped under the title
        "planning" which occurs before the first Sprint Planning meeting.