Re: [scrumdevelopment] Impediment Reporting

    Message 1 of 66 , Oct 1 2:45 PM
      On Friday, October 1, 2004, at 5:35:51 PM, Marc Hamann wrote:

      >> The above does not feel to me to be in the spirit of Scrum and Agile
      >> methods. Am I missing something?

      > So your problem is this: because of your work or local culture, or
      > because of the personalities on your team, people are reluctant to rock
      > the boat by pointing out impediments.

      That's not my problem.

      > You can let them consistently fail to meet the product owners
      > expectations and let them all get fired (or worse, discredit Agile
      > processes in your company ;-) ).

      Not me.

      > Or you can remind them that they have taken on commitments that they are
      > accountable for, and that one of the powers at their disposal to remedy
      > this is to speak up when problems arise so the SM can address them.

      > Are there some other techniques you would recommend instead, Ron?

      I was not aware that Sprint Goals were absolute commitments. I'm still not.

      "Some people take everything personally." -- Ron Jeffries
      "I do not!" -- Ann Anderson
    • Deb
      Message 66 of 66 , Oct 9 5:55 AM
        Ken's CSM course does cover Scrum pre-project steps - at different
        levels of detail for different situations: New Unfunded Projects, New
        Funded Projects, Ongoing Projects, Fixed Price/Fixed Date Projects. In
        my copy of the methodology book, these are grouped under the title
        "planning" which occurs before the first Sprint Planning meeting.