Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Impediment Reporting

    Message 1 of 66 , Oct 1, 2004
      On Friday, October 1, 2004, at 3:18:39 PM, woynam wrote:

      > The team has committed to delivering the features, provided that there
      > are no major impediments that aren't cleared in a reasonable amount of
      > time. If the impediments are identified, and they are not removed, the
      > team should not be held to the original feature set.

      I could be wrong, but I had the impression that the feature set is always
      an estimate and that it is the sprint goal that is sacrosanct. I did NOT
      have the impression that massive overtime was part of the Scrum process.

      But I'm not a Certified Scrummaster, so I could definitely be wrong.

      The central "e" in "Jeffries" is silent ... and invisible.
    • Deb
      Message 66 of 66 , Oct 9, 2004
        Ken's CSM course does cover Scrum pre-project steps - at different
        levels of detail for different situations: New Unfunded Projects, New
        Funded Projects, Ongoing Projects, Fixed Price/Fixed Date Projects. In
        my copy of the methodology book, these are grouped under the title
        "planning" which occurs before the first Sprint Planning meeting.