Re: [scrumdevelopment] Impediment Reporting

  • Pete Bevin
    Message 1 of 66 , Oct 1 5:47 AM
      If people aren't telling you about impediments, then either (a) they
      don't have any, or (b) they haven't yet grokked that they are
      personally committed to completing their backlog items by the end of
      the sprint.

      The speech I give these days is "If you as a team sign up to these
      backlog items, it means that come hell or high water, you have to
      deliver them by the end of the sprint. So if there is anything
      stopping you from doing that, you have to let people know sooner
      rather than later, otherwise there are going to be some very late
      nights four weeks from now."

      Pete.

      Message 66 of 66 , Oct 9 5:55 AM
        Ken's CSM course does cover Scrum pre-project steps - at different
        levels of detail for different situations: New Unfunded Projects, New
        Funded Projects, Ongoing Projects, Fixed Price/Fixed Date Projects. In
        my copy of the methodology book, these are grouped under the title
        "planning" which occurs before the first Sprint Planning meeting.