Re: Getting to Self Managing/Self Organising teams

  • Don MacIntyre
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1 2:42 AM
      When you teach a team how to implement Scrum, you teach them to be self-organized.

      I don't consider there to be any 'letting' involved. Scrum teams are self-organized and should be coached to that end from day one.

      You cannot simply flip a switch to make a group of individuals a cohesive and highly collaborative self organized Scrum team.

      There is always some degree of transition.

      A coaches job is to describe how you like them to work as a team and then coach them toward goal. It may take an iteration, it may many iterations, but don't expect them to be perfect out of the shoot. Strive for continuous improvement.