Burndown Chart For Project

  • Asad
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 13, 2010
      Hi Folks ,

      You Know that , We Draw Burndown Chart to Show Sprint Progress , But How We Can Show the Project Progress by Chart?

      Thanks

      Safari Asad
    • Sarath Kummamuru
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 13, 2010
        A Release burndown chart can explain a lot of stuff about the work progress at a high level and bring a lot of visibility to the project status.

        sarath.

        --
        Thanks,
        Sarath.

        Quad One Technologies | Mobile: +91 98490 05629 | Off: +91 40 2335 0221 | www.quadone.com
      • George Dinwiddie
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 13, 2010
          Safari,

          I prefer a burnup chart for showing release progress. See
          http://idiacomputing.com/pub/BetterSoftware-BurnCharts.pdf

          Asad wrote:
          > Hi Folks ,
          >
          > You Know that , We Draw Burndown Chart to Show Sprint Progress , But
          > How We Can Show the Project Progress by Chart?

        • woynam
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 13, 2010
            I agree. There's an example burn-up chart in the files section of this newsgroup (Burnup Chart Example.jpg).

            The key aspect of a burn-up chart is that it shows completed stories, and not partially completed work. Also, it shows the total amount of work remaining, which includes stories/features that have been added since the start of the project. In some cases this represents scope increase. In other cases this may simply represent work that was really there all along, but was discovered once the project was underway.

            Mark

            > Safari,
            >
            > I prefer a burnup chart for showing release progress. See
            > http://idiacomputing.com/pub/BetterSoftware-BurnCharts.pdf
            >
            > Asad wrote:
            > > Hi Folks ,
            > >
            > > You Know that , We Draw Burndown Chart to Show Sprint Progress , But
            > > How We Can Show the Project Progress by Chart?
            >
            > --

          • Asad
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 13, 2010
              Thanks

              Answers is very Useful
            • rudra tripathy
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 13, 2010
                Hi All,

                We are getting 2/3 top points in our sprints-which is 2 weeks period. Can it be avoided?

                Thanks and Regards,
                Rudra

                On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 7:22 PM, woynam <woyna@...> wrote:

                I agree. There's an example burn-up chart in the files section of this newsgroup (Burnup Chart Example.jpg).

                The key aspect of a burn-up chart is that it shows completed stories, and not partially completed work. Also, it shows the total amount of work remaining, which includes stories/features that have been added since the start of the project. In some cases this represents scope increase. In other cases this may simply represent work that was really there all along, but was discovered once the project was underway.

                Mark

                > Safari,
                >
                > I prefer a burnup chart for showing release progress. See
                > http://idiacomputing.com/pub/BetterSoftware-BurnCharts.pdf
                >
                > Asad wrote:
                > > Hi Folks ,
                > >
                > > You Know that , We Draw Burndown Chart to Show Sprint Progress , But
                > > How We Can Show the Project Progress by Chart?
                >
                > --

              • Steve Ropa
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 13, 2010
                  If I understand what you are saying, I'd say sign up for 2/3 as much as you have been.

                  Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 10:18 AM
                  Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Burndown Chart For Project

                  --- In scrumdevelopment@ yahoogroups. com, George Dinwiddie <lists@...> wrote:

                  > Safari,
                  >
                  > I prefer a burnup chart for showing release progress. See
                  > http://idiacomputin g.com/pub/ BetterSoftware- BurnCharts. pdf
                  >
                  > Asad wrote:
                  > > Hi Folks ,
                  > >
                  > > You Know that , We Draw Burndown Chart to Show Sprint Progress , But
                  > > How We Can Show the Project Progress by Chart?
                  >
                  > --
                  > * George Dinwiddie * http://blog. gdinwiddie. com
                  > Software Development http://www.idiacomp uting.com
                  > Consultant and Coach http://www.agilemar yland.org