The Case for Sprint Preview Meetings

  • chuckspublicprofile
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2010
      I wrote a blog posting/article based on an email I sent previously to this list. I certainly appreciate the intellectual gauntlet of this list, so I'd be interested in any feedback you might have, here or on the blog itself. Note that there will be no exam given or certification required to be able respond to this message. :-)

      http://scrumcrazy.wordpress.com/2010/04/10/sprintpreview/

      Preview:

      Who likes long meetings? As a Scrum Coach, I ask this question of teams new to Scrum. I ask it mostly in jest, but also as a inoculation against people who will inevitably complain about lengthy Scrum meetings. Obviously I turn it around on them. "I hate long meetings too, why do you think we have such long meetings? What could we do better?" Sprint Planning and Sprint Retrospective meetings can drag on and on and on unless they're executed well. In addition, the ROI or value of these meetings can be horrible if they are not well structured. The meeting I want to focus on today is the Sprint Planning Meeting.

      One of the best ways I've found to greatly increase the value of sprint planning meetings is to hold what I call a "Sprint Preview Meeting." .... see link for rest of article.