RE: [scrumdevelopment] [News] Will Mike Cohn Leave the Scrum Alliance?

  • Joe M
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 2, 2010
      UNSUBSCRIBE ME PLEASE !  For the one thousandth time ?

      Can we get a task on the board for UNSUBSCRIBING ?

      Can we get a retro on why someone cannot get UNSUBSCRIBED ?

      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      From: adam.sroka@...
      Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 15:00:42 -0700
      Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] [News] Will Mike Cohn Leave the Scrum Alliance?

      I think that the Waterfall Alliance should create a CWD program. I have a lot of strong candidates for them.

      On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 4:26 AM, Editeur <ginitram@yahoo. fr> wrote:

      The Scrum Alliance announced last year that Scrum creator Ken Schwaber resigned as President and Chair of the Board of Directors. This might be however not the end of the turmoil in the Agile world. Ken Schwaber was replaced October 5 by Mike Cohn, but there are now rumors that he might leave the Scrum Alliance to join the Waterfall Alliance. And this is not the only surprise that might happen soon: other unverified sources mentions that the Waterfall Alliance is also currently negotiating with Jeff Sutherland and Tom Gilb to join its board.

      Read the full story here: http://www.devagile .com/modules/ news/article. php?storyid= 601

    • Mark Levison
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 2, 2010
        Joe to unsubscribe follow the instructions that are at the bottom of
        every email in the group. Shouting will not make it more likely that
        someone will want to help you.

        Cheers
        Mark

        On Friday, April 2, 2010, Joe M <joemsocal@...> wrote:

        > UNSUBSCRIBE ME PLEASE !  For the one thousandth time ?
        >
        > Can we get a task on the board for UNSUBSCRIBING ?
        >
        > Can we get a retro on why someone cannot get UNSUBSCRIBED ?
        >

        > To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
        > From: adam.sroka@...
        > Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 15:00:42 -0700
        > Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] [News] Will Mike Cohn Leave the Scrum Alliance?
        >

        > I think that the Waterfall Alliance should create a CWD program. I have a lot of strong candidates for them.
        >
        > On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 4:26 AM, Editeur <ginitram@...> wrote:
        >

        > The Scrum Alliance announced last year that Scrum creator Ken Schwaber resigned as President and Chair of the Board of Directors. This might be however not the end of the turmoil in the Agile world. Ken Schwaber was replaced October 5 by Mike Cohn, but there are now rumors that he might leave the Scrum Alliance to join the Waterfall Alliance. And this is not the only surprise that might happen soon: other unverified sources mentions that the Waterfall Alliance is also currently negotiating with Jeff Sutherland and Tom Gilb to join its board.
        >
        > Read the full story here: http://www.devagile.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=601
        >

        > The New Busy is not the old busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox. Get started. <http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_3>

      • Jeff Anderson
        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 2, 2010
          Joe are you serious? Go to the yahoo page and unsubscribe yourself.
          This is part of april fools joke yes?

          lmao...

          On 4/2/10, Joe M <joemsocal@...> wrote:

          > UNSUBSCRIBE ME PLEASE ! For the one thousandth time ?
          >

          > Can we get a task on the board for UNSUBSCRIBING ?
          >

          > Can we get a retro on why someone cannot get UNSUBSCRIBED ?
          >

          > To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
          > From: adam.sroka@...
          > Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 15:00:42 -0700
          > Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] [News] Will Mike Cohn Leave the Scrum
          > Alliance?
          >

          > I think that the Waterfall Alliance should create a CWD program. I have a
          > lot of strong candidates for them.
          >

          > On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 4:26 AM, Editeur <ginitram@...> wrote:
          >

          > The Scrum Alliance announced last year that Scrum creator Ken Schwaber
          > resigned as President and Chair of the Board of Directors. This might be
          > however not the end of the turmoil in the Agile world. Ken Schwaber was
          > replaced October 5 by Mike Cohn, but there are now rumors that he might
          > leave the Scrum Alliance to join the Waterfall Alliance. And this is not the
          > only surprise that might happen soon: other unverified sources mentions that
          > the Waterfall Alliance is also currently negotiating with Jeff Sutherland
          > and Tom Gilb to join its board.
          >
          > Read the full story here:
          > http://www.devagile.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=601

          Sent from my mobile device

          Jeff Anderson

          http://agileconsulting.blogspot.com/
        • Chet Hendrickson
          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 2, 2010
            Hello Joe,

            Have you tried following the unsubscribe directions at the bottom of
            the html version of every message?

            chet

            > UNSUBSCRIBE ME PLEASE ! For the one thousandth time ?

            > Can we get a task on the board for UNSUBSCRIBING ?

            > Can we get a retro on why someone cannot get UNSUBSCRIBED ?
            >

            > To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
            > From: adam.sroka@...
            > Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 15:00:42 -0700
            > Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] [News] Will Mike Cohn Leave the Scrum Alliance?

            > I think that the Waterfall Alliance should create a CWD program. I
            > have a lot of strong candidates for them.

            > On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 4:26 AM, Editeur <ginitram@...> wrote:

            > The Scrum Alliance announced last year that Scrum creator Ken
            > Schwaber resigned as President and Chair of the Board of Directors.
            > This might be however not the end of the turmoil in the Agile world.
            > Ken Schwaber was replaced October 5 by Mike Cohn, but there are now
            > rumors that he might leave the Scrum Alliance to join the Waterfall
            > Alliance. And this is not the only surprise that might happen soon:
            > other unverified sources mentions that the Waterfall Alliance is
            > also currently negotiating with Jeff Sutherland and Tom Gilb to join its board.

            > Read the full story here:
            > http://www.devagile.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=601

            Best regards,
            Chet Hendrickson mailto:lists@...
            Check out our upcoming CSM Plus courses @
          • George Dinwiddie
            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 2, 2010
              Chet Hendrickson wrote:
              > Hello Joe,
              >
              > Have you tried following the unsubscribe directions at the bottom of
              > the html version of every message?

              They're in the text version, too.

              Note the "Yahoo! ID required" If you're only subscribed by email,
              rather than by yahoo ID, then that won't work

              Note that the unsubscribe message has to come from the email address
              that's subscribed, not from an alias to the same mailbox.

              - George

            • George Dinwiddie
              Message 6 of 20 , Apr 2, 2010
                Well, it seems yahoogroups strips out the instructions in the body of
                the email. I'll try reinserting them below: