RE: [scrumdevelopment] What are software/tools for scrum...

  • BOONE Nadya
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 29, 2010

      My new favorite tools are the new Post-It labels.  They stick better than regular Post-it notes as they are sticky on the entire backside.   We move our sprint planning boards (aka Large Pieces of Paper) around from the team area to a Scrum room, and now we no longer are chasing Post-it notes around.  And we don’t tend to stack them as we did with the regular Post-it notes, so we actually get better visibility into what’s done, etc.

      The team marks the hours left on a task in progress in the top right corner of the label and I update a spreadsheet to crunch the math for the burndown.  Then I update the Big Piece of Graph Paper that the team looks at.  Takes me about five minutes a day.  Because I also have the burndown set up in a spreadsheet, I have a historical record that is more compact than keeping the big pieces of paper.  I print out an 8 ½” x 11” copy out at the end of each Sprint and post it in the team space – we’re still trying to determine our “Sprint Signature, and this gives us a more compact historical overview.

      Nadya

      Nadya Duke Boone

      Project Manager, Information Technology

      Multnomah County