Re: Transition to agile: Sprint Planning Hurdles

  • chuckspublicprofile
    Message 1 of 37 , Mar 28, 2010
      I'd recommend doing it somewhere around 3/4 way through the current sprint. Doing it right in the middle may cause some "shared knowledge data loss" if too much time passes before the next planning meeting. I'm not saying it won't work, I'm just saying I like doing it 3/4 way through because that leaves it close enough to the next sprint's planning meeting so the info is still fresh in people's minds. This is a very fine "micro" point here, so take it with a grain of salt. 1/2 way through might work just fine. (And of course, every team is different.)

      Charles

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "stephan_huez" <stephan.huez@...> wrote:

      > Hi Ron
      >
      > Thanks for the input. I'll start planning a grooming session with the whole team at the middle of the sprint.
      >
      > It is indeed important that the team is happy to join in. I'll work on my cooking skills to keep people's appetite strong :)
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Stephan
    • chuckspublicprofile
      Message 37 of 37 , Mar 28, 2010