Introducing the ScrumPanda

  • Heitor Roriz Filho
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9, 2010
      Dear all,

      I just finished one idea I had in mind for quite some time. It's the story (comic book style) of a funny panda who tries to implement Scrum in several companies and goes through some hilarious situations. Well, he just was born :) Let's hope you enjoy.

      Check it out at: http://www.scrumpanda.com

      Best regards,

      Heitor
    • Steve Ropa
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 10, 2010
        Hi Heitor,

        That's a lot of fun...

        The folks at south park had some fun with pandas as well. It isn't germaine to agile at all, but it has put the idea of the "saaaad panda" into a lot of folks' lexicon here in Colorado!

        warning, this *is* South Park, so the audio is definitely PG-13

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 10, 2010
          It's so funny - but this is where the name of my company comes from... (well, kinda)

          The AgileBear was originally an idea for a company I worked at - The idea was to use an annoying man in a bear suit (just like Sexual harassment Panda) to act as an annoying Barney the Dinosaur like corporate icon in training videos etc. The twist was going to be, that most sensible people want to adopt Agile or at least regress back to more human ways of working - They don't need some institutional mascot and change programme to speak down to them like children to achieve it - They need support and the ability to be able to get the job done.

          I loved it. No one else did. The name AgileBear stuck, and so when I left to go independent, the name came with me... To this day, I wish I chose ScrumBear - rolls of the tongue better and shows up in less rude google searches. (if you don't know - don't look)

          To get it back to Scrum - I find "many a true word spoken in Jest". Use humour and fun as a way to generate important information in reviews and retrospectives and to better enable acceptance of change.

          As that well known Agile Coach, Mary Poppins said - "A spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down."

          "The medicine go dow-nnn"

          "The medicine go down"

          Nigel