Re: [scrumdevelopment] UML and Scrum

  • Franz Allan Valencia See
    Message 1 of 38 , Mar 1, 2010
      I like Agile Model Driven Development's approach to UMLs.

      Basically (if I understood/am applying it correctly), the models that depicts that overview (business & architecture) are what usually are kept. These are mostly produced during iteration 0. While those that you produce via communicating to another person or to the team during actual implementation are usually the throw-aways.

      But strictly adhering to the UML standards is not the point (you can even use something else other than UML). The point is communication (analogous to what DDD does for written/spoken language).

      As for Scrum specifically, it does not mention anything about it. You may or may not use it, as long as your team is self-organizing :-)

      Cheers,

      --
      Franz Allan Valencia See | Java Software Engineer
      franz.see@...

      On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 1:17 AM, dsrkkk <dsrkkk@...> wrote:

      I am trying to know whether UML modeling is used for scrum projects.

      dsr

    • Jeff Anderson
      Message 38 of 38 , Mar 16, 2010
        I get lots of mileage out of banging out a bunch of class and sequence
        diagrams using togethersoft and generating some code, taking screen
        shots of the diagrams for quick and dirty future reference, than
        focusing on the code,...

        It accelerates the coding I do, mostly because I am a visual person.
        I'm not as big a fan of visio because it feels like I'm doing it
        twice, once in visio and once in the IDE, seems wasteful.

        I take the hit for whiteboarding and sticky notes because its so
        collabvorative, also think CRC cards are a great replacement for UML
        and am a big fan.

        Jeff

        --
        Sent from my mobile device