Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Scrum and Traceability

    Message 1 of 137 , Mar 1, 2010
      Hello, pauloldfield1. On Monday, March 1, 2010, at 2:57:00 AM,
      you wrote:

      >> Is there any role for traceability in scrum? How can we handle
      >> links in scrum?

      > There are about 14 distinct reasons to have traceability, if you
      > count them all up. Almost all of these are irrelevant if you are
      > working in an agile fashion, and most or all of the rest are covered
      > by having a set of regression tests at 'green' (or not, as the case
      > may be).

      I'd love to see a list of about 14 reasons to have traceability,
      each with a few sentences on why with Agile one does not need them,
      and/or why they are covered by regression tests ...

      www.xprogramming.com/blog
      To gain knowledge, add something every day;
      to gain wisdom, remove something every day.
      -- Lao Tzu
    • john_hermann
      Message 137 of 137 , Apr 20 3:14 AM
        @Mark
        <quote>
        Couldn't we write the tests such that they don't look like tests, but rather requirements?

        With one, and only one formal specification, which also happens to be executable against the actual system, aren't we better off than having to split time between two possibly out-of-sync artifacts?
        </quote>

        ThoughtWorks has a testing tool called Twist, which uses something called Business Workflows. And now it has a nestable declarative aggregator called a "Concept" (what a concept!).

        http://www.thoughtworks-studios.com/agile-test-automation
        <snip>
        Twist is... designed to help you deliver applications fully aligned with your business. It eliminates requirements mismatch as business users directly express intent in their domain language.
        </snip>

        I have not used the tool myself. If anyone has, please add some insight.

        -johnny
        P.S. I have no affiliation w/ ThoughtWorks.