Re: Scrum and Traceability

  • pauloldfield1
    Message 1 of 137 , Feb 28, 2010
      (responding to dsr)

      > Is there any role for traceability in scrum? How can we handle
      > links in scrum?

      There are about 14 distinct reasons to have traceability, if you
      count them all up. Almost all of these are irrelevant if you are
      working in an agile fashion, and most or all of the rest are covered
      by having a set of regression tests at 'green' (or not, as the case
      may be).

      Paul Oldfield
      Capgemini
    • john_hermann
      Message 137 of 137 , Apr 20, 2010
        @Mark
        <quote>
        Couldn't we write the tests such that they don't look like tests, but rather requirements?

        With one, and only one formal specification, which also happens to be executable against the actual system, aren't we better off than having to split time between two possibly out-of-sync artifacts?
        </quote>

        ThoughtWorks has a testing tool called Twist, which uses something called Business Workflows. And now it has a nestable declarative aggregator called a "Concept" (what a concept!).

        http://www.thoughtworks-studios.com/agile-test-automation
        <snip>
        Twist is... designed to help you deliver applications fully aligned with your business. It eliminates requirements mismatch as business users directly express intent in their domain language.
        </snip>

        I have not used the tool myself. If anyone has, please add some insight.

        -johnny
        P.S. I have no affiliation w/ ThoughtWorks.