RE: [scrumdevelopment] RE: [XP] Zachman's definition of 'architecture'

  • Mike Beedle
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 18, 2002
      Robert Martin UncleBob [mailto:unclebob@...]
      > Indeed, this article is such a classic that I included it
      > (with permission) as an appendix in "The Principles, Patterns,
      > and Practices of Agile Software Development", Robert C. Martin,
      > Prentice Hall, 2002. (On the shelves in September).
      >
      > The appendix includes a new forward and afterword by Jack.

      Bob:

      That's great!

      Both the fact that Jack wrote a foreword and an afterword;
      and the fact that your book is coming out. I am looking forward
      to own a copy of it -- although I treasure the early draft that
      I have of the manuscript.

      One of the most mysterious subjects of agility is the
      exact knowledge that sometimes is attributed to people
      that practice agile methods.

      Some ask:

      How do they do it?
      Why don't they rely so much on models?
      What do they rely on instead?

      I think your book will make a great deal of this knowledge
      available to others through the understanding of

      "The Principles, Patterns, and Practices of
      Agile Software Development"

      Thanks for writing it. In my opinion, it will shortly
      become a "classic". Btw, this is not just a complementary
      nice sentence to make. I truly believe this book shares
      knowledge that is hardly found elsewhere, like the
      thorough discussion of the Design Principles that are
      so key to develop and manage large architectures.

      Congrats once again!!!

      - Mike