Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re:Scrum / Agile's inherit shortcomings? Uncle Bob Martin's 7 theses nailed to the door.

  • Maurice le Rutte
    Message 1 of 84 , Feb 5, 2010
      Robert Martin schreef:

      2. 30 day sprints are too long. Most scrum teams have either shrunk them to 2 weeks or perform some kind of midpoint check at the two week mark. I know of some teams that have two 2-week "iterations" inside a single 4-week "sprint". The difference being that they use the sprint for reporting upwards, but use the iterations for internal feedback and control.

      4-week sprints are too long only if you don't do your daily standup work correctly, in other words if you forget to keep your eye on the sprint end and sprint goal. But if you make sure that you keep that in mind each day I actually prefer four weeks over two. I know I'm the exception in general, but still.

      --
      http://www.scrummaster.nl / http://twitter.com/scrumnl
    • Barlotta, Michael [USA]
      Message 84 of 84 , Oct 17, 2011

        Interesting observations. Guess I thought I would share my 2 cents regarding some of these.

        Mike Barlotta

        Booz Allen Hamilton