Re: story template abuse (was Re: [scrumdevelopment] Letting attacks

  • Jay Conne
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2010
      Laurent - "thinking tool" - nicely said.

      Tools provide leverage - tools can build or destroy.

      On a seminar call this evening I heard,
      "A hammer can build hospitals  and
      a hammer can send someone to the hospital."

      In my training and coaching I introduce the simpler canonical form:
      It's just a tool for being clear about the beneficiary and the what with the why being optional if it's no self-evident in context.

      I also use Bill Wakes's I.N.V.E.S.T. acronym as a thinking tool.
      The rest is the details of the specific story in the specific context.

      Thanks,
      Jay

      Jay Conne Consulting  --  Demystification of Technology
                 Agile Project Management Leadership
        Lean/Agile Coach, Trainer  & ScrumMaster-Practicing
       617-776-0339                                   http://www.jconne.com/
       M: 617-470-5038
      Jay@...