Re: [scrumdevelopment] Kindly Help: Scrum integration with CMMI.

  • Heitor Roriz Filho
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2010
      Deepak,

      I dont know any books about it but you can check on some publications by J. Sutherland at

      http://jeffsutherland.com/scrum/scrum_bibliography.html

      Heitor

      On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 11:11 AM, Deepak Bhardwaj <deepak.usit@...> wrote:

      Hello all,

      I am currently working on CMMI integration with Scrum.
      Can anyone tell any books available for it.

      Any help will be appreciated, because I want to come up with
      anything really meaningful and useful.

      --
      Deepak Bhardwaj
      Master of Technology (IT)

    • Thomasjeffreyandersontwin@Gmail.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2010
        The eisa institute has a really good paper on agile and cmmi, the two are completely compatible.

        Cmmi is misunderstood by the agile camp and by it's implementers alike.

        The majority of the appraisal cmmi process is based on informative and expected elements, which are optional. You can suggest agile practices as alternatives to process goals, which are the only mandatory elements in the cmmi model.

        Jeff Anderson

        On Feb 1, 2010, at 10:11 AM, Deepak Bhardwaj <deepak.usit@...> wrote:

        Hello all,

        I am currently working on CMMI integration with Scrum.
        Can anyone tell any books available for it.

        Any help will be appreciated, because I want to come up with
        anything really meaningful and useful.

        --
        Deepak Bhardwaj
        Master of Technology (IT)
        University School of Information Technology,
        Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
        Delhi - 6.

      • Eric Villagomez

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 2, 2010
            --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Thomasjeffreyandersontwin@... wrote:

            >Cmmi is misunderstood by the agile camp and
            >by it's implementers alike.patible.

            In the process literature space, we like to talk about "transference", that is, how well an idea moves from one group to another.

            For example, I might say that Scrum has a high transference rate; it's essence can be easily explained, and, while often compromised, most people actually /realize/ they are compromising.

            Extreme Programming has a transference that is slightly less, mostly due to much more technical practices. If they are not explained well, with examples, and the student does not practice with guidance, it's possible to /think/ you are doing XP, but actually be doing rather poorly.

            RUP transfer even worse - so little that you begin to wonder if the authors themselves agree on what RUP is or what a "good" RUP project .

            But CMMI? CMMI is master of symbol loss. With a flesch-kinkaid reading ease level ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flesch%E2%80%93Kincaid_readability_test ) approaching incomprehensible, the information loss involved in CMMI makes it approach line noise.

            > Cmmi is misunderstood by the agile camp and by
            > it's implementers alike.

            And, I feel obligated to point out, also misunderstood by it's authors and promoters. In other words, /nobody knows what CMMI is/.

            Why it keeps coming up in conversation, I'm not sure. I suspect the several million in federal funding per year is a big part of it.

            regards,

            --heusser
            blog: http://blogs.stpcollaborative.com/matt
          • Deepak Bhardwaj
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 13, 2010
              Thanks a lot to all of you for your ideas.
              Thanks George, Jeff Anderson and all friends.

              Regards..
              Deepak Bhardwaj

              --
              Deepak Bhardwaj
              Master of Technology (IT)
              University School of Information Technology,
              Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
              Delhi - 6.
            • Prasanna Kumar Mamidala
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 13, 2010
                Deepak,

                This file from SEI touches upon your requirement - http://www.sei.cmu.edu/reports/08tn003.pdf

                I hope it helps! It did help me when I was in the same dilemma.

                Regards
                Prasanna Kumar

                On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 2:30 PM, Deepak Bhardwaj <deepak.usit@...> wrote:

                Thanks a lot to all of you for your ideas.
                Thanks George, Jeff Anderson and all friends.

                Regards..
                Deepak Bhardwaj

                --
                Deepak Bhardwaj
                Master of Technology (IT)
                University School of Information Technology,
                Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
                Delhi - 6.

              • Puneet Kataria
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 13, 2010
                  Lot of stuff on Agile at www.martinfowler.com

                  Cheers
                  Puneet

                  --
                  Sent from my mobile device
                • Steve Povilaitis
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 23, 2010
                    On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 8:11 AM, Deepak Bhardwaj <deepak.usit@...> wrote:

                    Hello all,

                    I am currently working on CMMI integration with Scrum.
                    Can anyone tell any books available for it.

                    The Journal of Defense Software Engineering has some articles online. A recent one:

                    Steve