Kindly Help: Scrum integration with CMMI.

  • Deepak Bhardwaj
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2010
      Hello all,

      I am currently working on CMMI integration with Scrum.
      Can anyone tell any books available for it.

      Any help will be appreciated, because I want to come up with
      anything really meaningful and useful.

      --
      Deepak Bhardwaj
      Master of Technology (IT)
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2010
        Deepak,

        I don't know of any books, but you might start your search at
        http://www.agilecmmi.com/

        - George

        Deepak Bhardwaj wrote:

        > Hello all,
        >
        > I am currently working on CMMI integration with Scrum.
        > Can anyone tell any books available for it.
        >
        > Any help will be appreciated, because I want to come up with
        > anything really meaningful and useful.

      • Heitor Roriz Filho
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 1, 2010
          Deepak,

          I dont know any books about it but you can check on some publications by J. Sutherland at

          http://jeffsutherland.com/scrum/scrum_bibliography.html

          Heitor

        • Thomasjeffreyandersontwin@Gmail.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 1, 2010
            The eisa institute has a really good paper on agile and cmmi, the two are completely compatible.

            Cmmi is misunderstood by the agile camp and by it's implementers alike.

            The majority of the appraisal cmmi process is based on informative and expected elements, which are optional. You can suggest agile practices as alternatives to process goals, which are the only mandatory elements in the cmmi model.

            Jeff Anderson

            On Feb 1, 2010, at 10:11 AM, Deepak Bhardwaj <deepak.usit@...> wrote:

            Hello all,

            I am currently working on CMMI integration with Scrum.
            Can anyone tell any books available for it.

            Any help will be appreciated, because I want to come up with
            anything really meaningful and useful.

            --
            Deepak Bhardwaj
            Master of Technology (IT)
            University School of Information Technology,
            Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
            Delhi - 6.

          • Eric Villagomez

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 2, 2010
                --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Thomasjeffreyandersontwin@... wrote:

                >Cmmi is misunderstood by the agile camp and
                >by it's implementers alike.patible.

                In the process literature space, we like to talk about "transference", that is, how well an idea moves from one group to another.

                For example, I might say that Scrum has a high transference rate; it's essence can be easily explained, and, while often compromised, most people actually /realize/ they are compromising.

                Extreme Programming has a transference that is slightly less, mostly due to much more technical practices. If they are not explained well, with examples, and the student does not practice with guidance, it's possible to /think/ you are doing XP, but actually be doing rather poorly.

                RUP transfer even worse - so little that you begin to wonder if the authors themselves agree on what RUP is or what a "good" RUP project .

                But CMMI? CMMI is master of symbol loss. With a flesch-kinkaid reading ease level ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flesch%E2%80%93Kincaid_readability_test ) approaching incomprehensible, the information loss involved in CMMI makes it approach line noise.

                > Cmmi is misunderstood by the agile camp and by
                > it's implementers alike.

                And, I feel obligated to point out, also misunderstood by it's authors and promoters. In other words, /nobody knows what CMMI is/.

                Why it keeps coming up in conversation, I'm not sure. I suspect the several million in federal funding per year is a big part of it.

                regards,

                --heusser
                blog: http://blogs.stpcollaborative.com/matt
              • Deepak Bhardwaj
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 13, 2010
                  Thanks a lot to all of you for your ideas.
                  Thanks George, Jeff Anderson and all friends.

                  Regards..
                  Deepak Bhardwaj

                  --
                  Deepak Bhardwaj
                  Master of Technology (IT)
                  University School of Information Technology,
                  Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
                  Delhi - 6.
                • Prasanna Kumar Mamidala
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 13, 2010
                    Deepak,

                    This file from SEI touches upon your requirement - http://www.sei.cmu.edu/reports/08tn003.pdf

                    I hope it helps! It did help me when I was in the same dilemma.

                    Regards
                    Prasanna Kumar

                    On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 2:30 PM, Deepak Bhardwaj <deepak.usit@...> wrote:

                    Thanks a lot to all of you for your ideas.
                    Thanks George, Jeff Anderson and all friends.

                    Regards..
                    Deepak Bhardwaj

                    --
                    Deepak Bhardwaj
                    Master of Technology (IT)
                    University School of Information Technology,
                    Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
                    Delhi - 6.

                  • Puneet Kataria
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 13, 2010
                      Lot of stuff on Agile at www.martinfowler.com

                      Cheers
                      Puneet

                      --
                      Sent from my mobile device
                    • Steve Povilaitis
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 23, 2010
                        On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 8:11 AM, Deepak Bhardwaj <deepak.usit@...> wrote:

                        Hello all,

                        I am currently working on CMMI integration with Scrum.
                        Can anyone tell any books available for it.

                        The Journal of Defense Software Engineering has some articles online. A recent one:

                        Steve