SCRUM/Agile in Argentina

  • jrcjamesc2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 29, 2010
      To any SCRUM practitioners with relevant knowledge:
      What is the state-of-the-SCRUM-union in South America - Argentina in particular?

      Does Agile/SCRUM have a strong following in Argentina? Any following?
      There seems to be a dearth of Spanish-language Agile/SCRUM books. This makes me wonder how much basic exposure S. American tech workers and IT shops have in SCRUM/Agile.

      Over the last few years, I have seen an accelerating increase in Argentine IT outsourcing. I wonder if an enterprising fellow, who speaks Spanish, could achieve good traction down there spreading the SCRUM gospel.

      Does anyone know of any particularly exemplary Argentine firms that utilize SCRUM as their primary SDLC? Any key names come to mind?

      I appreciate any insights. I dream of teaching SCRUM in the cool Buenos Aires mornings, a fine Mendoza-grown Malbec mimosa in the afternoon on the hot sands at Mar del Plata, and passionate tango milongas filling the warm evenings.

      Hey, a guy can dream, eh?
    • Federico
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 30, 2010
        First a warning, if you want cool mornings in Buenos Aires, don't go now! (more than 100F in the last 2 week). You can definitely go to Mar del Plata and have the wine.

        I believe it is possible. First Agile congress was in Buenos Aires a couple of years ago and around 700 people (don't have the exact number) where there from the most important enterprises in Argentina and also Brazil, Chile, etc..

        I suggest you start by going to (http://www.agiles.org), which is a southamerican site. Last week Tobias was in Buenos Aires giving some classes with Alan Cyment (http://www.agiles.org/agiles-bsas). You can find more names in http://www.agiles.org/recursos/facilitadores-coaches. There is also a yahoo list for Argentina(http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/agiles-argentina/) and a hispanic one (http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/foro-agiles/). The second one has a much bigger audience.

        Not sure what would be the best way to organize it. Probably sending an email to "foro-agiles" to see if someone can work with you in Buenos Aires. Ah, also perhaps you might be interested in attending Agiles 2010 (http://agiles2010.agiles.org/) you'll get in touch with all the southamerican community there.

        Good luck!!
        -fede

        --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "jrcjamesc2000" <jrcjamesc2000@...> wrote:

        > To any SCRUM practitioners with relevant knowledge:
        > What is the state-of-the-SCRUM-union in South America - Argentina in particular?
        >
        > Does Agile/SCRUM have a strong following in Argentina? Any following?
        > There seems to be a dearth of Spanish-language Agile/SCRUM books. This makes me wonder how much basic exposure S. American tech workers and IT shops have in SCRUM/Agile.
        >
        > Over the last few years, I have seen an accelerating increase in Argentine IT outsourcing. I wonder if an enterprising fellow, who speaks Spanish, could achieve good traction down there spreading the SCRUM gospel.
        >
        > Does anyone know of any particularly exemplary Argentine firms that utilize SCRUM as their primary SDLC? Any key names come to mind?
        >
        > I appreciate any insights. I dream of teaching SCRUM in the cool Buenos Aires mornings, a fine Mendoza-grown Malbec mimosa in the afternoon on the hot sands at Mar del Plata, and passionate tango milongas filling the warm evenings.
        >
        > Hey, a guy can dream, eh?

      • jrcjamesc2000
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2010
          Gracias, Fede, this is exactly the kind of information I was seeking.

          Saludos!
          Jim