RE: [scrumdevelopment] ADM Support to Organizations Regarding Scr um

  • Guy Yollin
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11, 2000
      Ken,

      I would be interested in speaking with you about visiting with and
      presenting to our company.

      I'm somewhat familiar with scrum, I found the controlchaos site a couple of
      years ago while web dogging for CMM information. Your philosophy struck a
      responsive chord and we actually ran a very successful product development
      using scrum more than a year ago. At that time, you had even provided ESI
      with a beta copy of the scrum development explorer software. Unfortunately,
      we were unable to continue with the momentum to have our division or other
      divisions within the company make an investment in scrum.

      Now I am in a new role where I have a little influence in our software
      process division-wide, I also have a good working relationship with the new
      corporate manager of software engineering who has a software process
      improvement agenda. I spoke with him about your offer and we concluded that
      I should contact you to follow up. I think it would be an ideal opportunity
      for you to speak to a number of high-level open-minded software engineering
      professionals.

      Ideally, we would like you to visit us at our headquarters in beautiful
      Portland, Oregon. Less desirable but possible locations would be Ann Arbor,
      Michigan, Minneapolis, or Escondido, California.

      I look forward to hearing back from you.

      Thank you for your consideration.

      Regards,

      Guy
      yolling@... <mailto:yolling@...>
      800-826-6619, Ext. 5336
      503-671-5336, direct
      503-671-5533, FAX

      Guy Yollin
      Director of New Product Development
      Vision Products Division
      Electro Scientific Industries, Inc.
      www.esi.com <http://www.esi.com>

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 11, 2000
        Guy,

        Good to hear from you. I'd be happy to present Scrum, and spend some time
        discussing how you might use it where you are. Being travel adverse, your
        offer of Ann Arbor is quite attractive, but I'd also be willing to come to
        Portland, if the audience is better. Most Monday's and Friday's for the
        rest of the summer are good for me. Let me know a date that works for you.
        Also, if you can tell me more about the organization, the type of systems
        built, the processes used currently, etc., I'd appreciate it.

        Thanks again,