Re: [!! SPAM] Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: User Stories business value and GWT

  • Michael James
    Message 1 of 209 , Jan 2, 2010
      On Jan 2, 2010, at 12:58 AM, Dan Rawsthorne wrote:

      > Story has been used as the generalization for a long time. I
      > first used it 10 years ago, and I'm not the only one.

      Who's the other one?

      --mj
    • Steve Ropa
      Message 209 of 209 , Jan 15, 2010
        Ok, so you were either spying on my teams, or this problem is WAY to
        prevalent. I've been a manager of dev teams for a fairly long time now, and
        I have always hated the phrase stretch goals. I ask my teams to set
        realistic goals that I can count on. I'll do everything I can to help them
        meet those goals. That was one of the reasons I got on the Agile bandwagon
        to begin with. As teams become more comfortable, their velocity sometimes
        does creep up a little. But more importantly, as they don't feel rushed to
        just fill someone's arbitrary view of how much should get done, they produce
        some really high quality stuff. They also feel more comfortable
        experimenting with new things, and applying the creative aspect of the job,
        not just the technical.