Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Venting: They're people, not "Resources"

    Message 1 of 139 , Dec 30, 2009
      Hello, William. On Wednesday, December 30, 2009, at 12:50:21 PM,
      you wrote:

      > Douglas Hofstadter's "A Person Paper on Purity in Language" (either in
      > Metamagical Schemas or you can find it on the web) changed me from "willing
      > to be convinced" to "convinced" on this.

      (See http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~evans/cs655/readings/purity.html)

      Wow. Shocking. I'm happy for the postscript.

      You didn't say just what you were convinced of. Using "they"?
      Sprinkling he and she? Or some other thing? I'm curious to know.

      www.xprogramming.com/blog
      Resistance may or may not be futile. It is for sure not productive.
    • huetlandry
      Message 139 of 139 , Jan 5, 2010
        --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Adam Sroka <adam.sroka@...> wrote:
        > The alternative would be to partner with people who have similar
        > visions, goals, and values so that you can work together to make the
        > world a better place. In order for that to work you have to respect
        > people as equals, and as individuals with individual needs and
        > individual abilities to contribute. That, too, may sound a bit like
        > Kumbaya, but it happens to work very well. Happy, respected people
        > turn out to be very productive. Doing good for the world turns out to
        > be very profitable.

        I always found it interesting that we can market milk from "happy cows" as being best, but having "happy people" working for more than just money seems to be secondary, at best.

        Moo!
        Huet Landry