born by Scrum?

  • Michael James
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 24, 2009
      Yoko and I are having our first child in a couple months. While looking into our options, I noticed a definition that sounds a bit like the difference between traditional management and Agile management:

      "The two professions can be complementary, but often are at odds because obstetricians are taught to 'actively manage' labor, while midwives are taught not to intervene unless necessary."
      (from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwifery )

      Merry Christmas, or what ever it is you're celebrating this winter.

      --mj
    • Don Gray
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 25, 2009
        Michael,

        > midwives are taught not to intervene unless necessary."

        "Less is more." - The Law of the Jiggle, Jerry Weinberg

        Great advice for coaches.

        And congratulations on having a baby.

        --
        Don Gray (336)414-4645
        http:\\www.donaldegray.com

        Ability will never catch up with the demand for it.
        Malcolm Forbes

        Increase your demand by attending the AYE Conference Nov 7-11, 2010
        AYE: Exploring Human Systems in Action http:\\www.AYEconference.com