Resarch on Globelly distributed Scrum

  • wasi
    Message 1 of 64 , Dec 21, 2009
      Hello
      I want to Resarch on following questions any one like to answer how I can proceed
      "How should the agile practices be applied to distributed
      Projects?" And What the most effective agile practices are for distributed use?
      These Question discrube by the Maria Paasivaara and Casper Lassenius in there Ieee paper Could Global Software Development Benefit from Agile Methods?
      Kindly give your opinions
      Muhammad Waseem
      Message 64 of 64 , Dec 26, 2009
        Hello, jamesjhawkins. On Thursday, December 24, 2009, at 10:29:36
        AM, you wrote:

        > It's commercially damaging to Agile to say that it can only be
        > adopted when the team is all in one place. It's also untrue, in my opinion.

        I don't think anyone says Agile can /only/ be adopted with
        collocation: most of us know of counterexamples.

        However, an attempt at Agile is /much/ more likely to founder when
        done distributed, because human communication is such a critical
        aspect of Agile.

        I would expect that blessing distributed Agile adoption would result
        in disproportionately more failures and that it would be more
        damaging than telling people the truth, which is that their chances
        are much better if they work collocated.

        www.xprogramming.com/blog
        Curiosity is more powerful than skepticism.