A forthcoming book: Reviewers wanted

  • Stephen Denning
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2009

      I am writing a book about the application of the principles underlying Agile and Scrum to general management, i.e. beyond software development. The book is entitled, Radical Management: Reinventing the Workplace for Continuous Innovation. It will be published by Jossey-Bass in November 2010.

      At this point, the manuscript is largely written and I am keen to get feedback from people who have the time, energy and interest to read some chapters and give me critical comments.

      If you are able and willing to do that, please let me know by email at steve@... and I will be happy to send you the first chapters.

      This book describes a radically different way of managing. It’s about pulling apart the black box of traditional management and putting the pieces together in a way that creates continuous innovation and client delight. It involves a wholly different way of thinking, speaking and acting at work. It leads to workplaces that are more productive and more fun. These workplaces feel different.

      The book reflects the fact that traditional management is broken: the standard managerial practices of today’s organization systematically lead to organizational under-performance, disgruntled workers and frustrated customers. Most proposals for reforming management advance one of those elements at the expense of the other two. The seven principles described in the book simultaneously inspire high productivity, continuous innovation, deep job satisfaction and client delight.

      The forthcoming book would be my sixth business book. My last book was selected by the Financial Times as one of the best books of 2007. More details about my earlier work is available at www.stevedenning.com

      If you are interested in reviewing advance chapters of the book, please let me know.

      Steve Denning
      Web: http://stevedenning.com
      Email: steve@...