Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Scrum v. PMBoK

  • Hubert Smits
    Message 1 of 67 , Sep 1, 2004
      Hi Mike,

      This would be an interesting excercise, but I would recommend to move
      the discussion to the APM group, for the reasons you state: focus on
      Agile not only on Scrum.

      --Hubert

      On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 14:33:48 -0000, xenomino <xenomino@...> wrote:
      > In all of this discussion, I have yet to hear whether the Agile
      > Community feels that SCRUM is a Project Management methodology. If
      > the community does, there is a mechanism within PMI to create an
      > extension to the PMBOK for new industries or methodologies. I
      > wouldn't call it a SCRUM extension, as calling it an Agile extension
      > would allow the inclusion of more agile methodologies. If this is
      > something we agree to doing, I'd be interested in helping put
      > together.
      >
      > The benefits of this would be that the plan-driven pundits would be
      > somewhat silenced with the creation of the PMBOK specifically for
      > Agile projects. We (the agile camp) would be able to overcome the
      > lack of a cost-management and detailed procurement management
      > sections by simply including the PMBOK's by reference.
      >
      > Mike Van, PMP
    • Mike Dwyer
      Message 67 of 67 , Sep 6, 2004
        All of us interested in a PMI interface might find this worth reading.
        http://www.vtt.fi/rte/ce/yhteystiedot/laurisdocuments/obsoletetheory.pdf

        It is a presentation done by
        Koskela, Lauri & Howell, Greg at the
        Proceedings of PMI Research Conference 2002 Ed. by Dennis P. Slevin, David I
        Cleland, Jeffrey K. Pinto. Project Management Institute.

        BTW MikeV. Does this help with your research? Do you have any other
        articles from within the PMI archives that you could share on this topic?

        Michael F. Dwyer

        Mike.Dwyer1@...
        978 683 3439