Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Unnecessary Management Interfere

  • Malcolm Anderson
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2009
      Dave you hit the nail on the head.    <sings> these are a few of my favorite things.

      Tarun, assuming that you are running into any of these you have a few options.

      1) Get advice from the company's Scrum Champion (hopefully up at the CxO level) on how to best deal with this manager.

      2) Find out what the manager needs for his next promotion (Scrum can be a career impediment to those who don't understand how it works, but that's a whole different thread) and help them get that promotion.

      3) Get the manager to a CSM or CPO class.

      4) Go work for a different company that is actually committed to the hard work that Scrum is.

      Option 1 and 2 are usually the best choices IMHO

      Here's an open ended question to the community, can you be an effective scrum master if option number 4 is not viable for you?

      Malcolm

      On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 8:36 AM, Dave <dave_updike@...> wrote:

      Tarun,

      As Malcomm there are just so many.

      * A Manager who insists on assigning User Stories or Tasks to team members
      * A Manager who insists on attending Code Review Meetings so they can load up for performance review beatings
      * A Manager who insists on being a "Chicken" at the Daily Scrums because he "owns" the team
      * A Manager who overrides the Customer/Product Owner because he/she wants something in the product

      These are just a few...

      Dave