Re: [scrumdevelopment] Scrum to travel beyond project

  • Malcolm Anderson
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 26, 2009

      Check with your end-customers.

      If they are buying shrink wrap, what is your time from concept to cash?  What is happening to revenues, are they going up?

      If your customers are internal, hand them a survey asking them how they feel about your teams responsiveness to their needs, how well you solved their problem.  Hand it to them every month or two, make it informal (don't let them take it with them, it shouldn't take more than 2 minutes to fill out by hand after a review).  If you have recently moved from a more "traditional" process, I can almost guarantee that your customer's feel better taken care of.

      One tip if you go with the survey's, make sure your questions ask what your customer liked about your team, your work, your communication, your responsiveness to their needs.
      Do not ask "where did we screw up?", or "What mistakes did we make?"

      When we did this at one of my customers sites the response was tremendous.  The survey forced our internal customers to think about what value they were getting from our team, and our management started getting stacks of glowing reviews about their development teams.

      Everyone won.

      On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 12:39 AM, Sharmila D <sharmila.patwardhan@...> wrote:

      Scrum is very much concentrating on delivering business value. And has a high focus on delivering the committments in a sprint.It also highlight the importance for retro and adapt and adopt

      However from the organization perspective, how do we measure the effectiveness of Agile? Has Agile made a difference in business?
      Has Agile improved quality of software we deliver?