Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Contracts, teams, projects...

  • Peter Stevens (calendar)
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 21, 2009

      Finally I would like to say that agile, unless you are talking about a specific methodology like Scrum or XP, is really more of a mindset coupled with the practices that make the actions that flow out of that mindset practical for developing software. While you can't probably do straight Scrum or XP in a highly (or even moderately) multi project environment, you can apply practices common to agile methodologies and "roll your own" agile methodology which just work for you environment.

      Hi Alireza,

      I don't think I agree with this statement. You can do Scrum or XP in this environment. Each product/customer has a backlog. Maybe there is one product owner responsible for all projects, combining the backlogs of each project into one product backlog for the team to select and commit to at each sprint planning. Maybe you have more than one Product Owner and need a Chief Product Owner who sets priorities among projects.

      The idea is that a team is generally more effective at solving problems than individuals, so you bring the projects to a team rather than continuously bringing people to the projects.

      Cheers,

      Peter
      --
      Peter Stevens, CSM, CSPO, CSP