Re: SCRUM in a distributed organization

  • nirumari
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 26, 2004
      Thank you Joseph.

      At WDSGlobal (http://www.wdsglobal.com) we run three development
      teams (US, UK and Singapore). We are fortunate that we have 8 hours
      separating each other which allows for neat handovers. We all share
      the same code base (source control on Perforce) and are connected
      via Perforce proxy servers. At the end of the day here in the US, we
      conduct a video conference between US and Singapore and have a 10-15
      min handover in which we discuss what we completed, what we have
      planned for the next day, impediments that the team in Singapore
      should be aware of and changes foreseen to the code base.

      We ensure that each region hands over a "working" build (continuous
      builds run 24x7). In cases where one region either has a late check-
      in or need to work through another regions active time, we borrow
      the virtual release token (phone call, chat, etc.,) and check-in
      code.

      Each region has a "SDM" Service Delivery Manager that manages
      requirements and backlogs from which stories are driven. Pair-
      programming and TDD help us produce quality code.

      We will be glad to answer any specific questions anyone may have.

      Regards,
      _niru.
      (Niranjan Nelamangalam)

      Success is a Journey, Not a Destination !

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Pelrine