Re: [scrumdevelopment] Scrum adoption

  • Michael Vizdos
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2009
      Ron,

      And is that lag the same thing as this "Scrum But" people have been talking about lately?

      We do Scrum... But.... [insert ways to become less effective]....

      Thank you,

      - Mike Vizdos
        CST, Author, World Traveling Fool

      On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 6:51 AM, Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:

      Hello, poojawandile. On Monday, November 2, 2009, at 2:56:09 AM,

      you wrote:

      > I am looking for a research/study report which shows what's the
      > trend on Scrum adoption.

      You didn't say what your purpose is for the trend information. That
      will change what people provide.

      Meanwhile, here's what's most important in my opinion:

      Envision two lines, pointing upward from zero.

      The upper line is labelled Scrum Teams.
      The lower line is labelled Effective Scrum Teams.

      The upper line's right end is at height Y.
      The lower line's right end is at height Y/4.

      The shape or absolute height of the lines is not as important a fact
      as that there are two, and that effectiveness lags substantially.

      www.xprogramming.com/blog

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2009
        Hello, Michael. On Monday, November 2, 2009, at 7:30:48 AM, you
        wrote:

        > And is that lag the same thing as this "Scrum But" people have
        > been talking about lately?

        > We do Scrum... But.... [insert ways to become less effective]....

        Well that and other failures to inspect and adapt. Sometimes people
        mistakenly think that their current defect rate is somehow provided
        by Nature, raining defects into the code, and that the main thing to
        do is to have a really good database to keep track of them.

        Scrum will work, if you do it, and if you have infinite time. It
        works best if you have lots of other skills to bring to bear on the
        impediments. But the main thing is to recognize impediments and work
        to resolve them. Everything else is just efficiency.

        Note that the difference between QuickSort and a bubble sort is also
        "just efficiency". However, it makes the difference between getting
        your data sorted now, and getting it sorted someday. Similarly with
        knowing how to test and such ...

        www.xprogramming.com/blog
        Think! -- Aretha Franklin