Re: [scrumdevelopment] Scrum adoption

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2009
      Hello, poojawandile. On Monday, November 2, 2009, at 2:56:09 AM,
      you wrote:

      > I am looking for a research/study report which shows what's the
      > trend on Scrum adoption.

      You didn't say what your purpose is for the trend information. That
      will change what people provide.

      Meanwhile, here's what's most important in my opinion:

      Envision two lines, pointing upward from zero.

      The upper line is labelled Scrum Teams.
      The lower line is labelled Effective Scrum Teams.

      The upper line's right end is at height Y.
      The lower line's right end is at height Y/4.

      The shape or absolute height of the lines is not as important a fact
      as that there are two, and that effectiveness lags substantially.

      www.xprogramming.com/blog
    • Michael Vizdos
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2009
        Ron,

        And is that lag the same thing as this "Scrum But" people have been talking about lately?

        We do Scrum... But.... [insert ways to become less effective]....

        Thank you,

        - Mike Vizdos
          CST, Author, World Traveling Fool

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2009
          Hello, Michael. On Monday, November 2, 2009, at 7:30:48 AM, you
          wrote:

          > And is that lag the same thing as this "Scrum But" people have
          > been talking about lately?

          > We do Scrum... But.... [insert ways to become less effective]....

          Well that and other failures to inspect and adapt. Sometimes people
          mistakenly think that their current defect rate is somehow provided
          by Nature, raining defects into the code, and that the main thing to
          do is to have a really good database to keep track of them.

          Scrum will work, if you do it, and if you have infinite time. It
          works best if you have lots of other skills to bring to bear on the
          impediments. But the main thing is to recognize impediments and work
          to resolve them. Everything else is just efficiency.

          Note that the difference between QuickSort and a bubble sort is also
          "just efficiency". However, it makes the difference between getting
          your data sorted now, and getting it sorted someday. Similarly with
          knowing how to test and such ...

          www.xprogramming.com/blog
          Think! -- Aretha Franklin