Scrum adoption

  • poojawandile
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2009
      Hi,
      I am looking for a research/study report which shows what's the trend on Scrum adoption.

      Thanks,
      Pooja
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2009
        Hello, poojawandile. On Monday, November 2, 2009, at 2:56:09 AM,
        you wrote:

        > I am looking for a research/study report which shows what's the
        > trend on Scrum adoption.

        You didn't say what your purpose is for the trend information. That
        will change what people provide.

        Meanwhile, here's what's most important in my opinion:

        Envision two lines, pointing upward from zero.

        The upper line is labelled Scrum Teams.
        The lower line is labelled Effective Scrum Teams.

        The upper line's right end is at height Y.
        The lower line's right end is at height Y/4.

        The shape or absolute height of the lines is not as important a fact
        as that there are two, and that effectiveness lags substantially.

        www.xprogramming.com/blog
      • Michael Vizdos
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2009
          Ron,

          And is that lag the same thing as this "Scrum But" people have been talking about lately?

          We do Scrum... But.... [insert ways to become less effective]....

          Thank you,

          - Mike Vizdos
            CST, Author, World Traveling Fool

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 2, 2009
            Hello, Michael. On Monday, November 2, 2009, at 7:30:48 AM, you
            wrote:

            > And is that lag the same thing as this "Scrum But" people have
            > been talking about lately?

            > We do Scrum... But.... [insert ways to become less effective]....

            Well that and other failures to inspect and adapt. Sometimes people
            mistakenly think that their current defect rate is somehow provided
            by Nature, raining defects into the code, and that the main thing to
            do is to have a really good database to keep track of them.

            Scrum will work, if you do it, and if you have infinite time. It
            works best if you have lots of other skills to bring to bear on the
            impediments. But the main thing is to recognize impediments and work
            to resolve them. Everything else is just efficiency.

            Note that the difference between QuickSort and a bubble sort is also
            "just efficiency". However, it makes the difference between getting
            your data sorted now, and getting it sorted someday. Similarly with
            knowing how to test and such ...

            www.xprogramming.com/blog
            Think! -- Aretha Franklin