Re: assessment Discussion

  • protraveler1
    Message 1 of 73 , Oct 30 10:33 AM
      I find is disappointing that Ron has been removed as he is the only person concerned enough to wade through the visceral emotions with me and try to get at the nub of this issue. Ilja, for what ever reasons you feel threatened by me, not communicating them to me either here or off line is a sad statement in and of itself. I feel assassinated. To others who feel it necessary to whisper and haunt the shadows of this conversation, please come forward.

      Back to the issue at hand

      The problem as I see it is that we are losing one of our key protections to the team by relaxing who speaks during a scrum meeting. But let me make it clear the scrum meeting I am referring to is limited to a highly defined extremely limited set of actions where each person feels able to answer the questions 3 and do it in an unchallenged, nonthreatening way and to know that they are being heard, listened to, without distraction. 3 questions per person, each person, that is all. The rest of the conversations that occur can happen after the people on the team doing the tasks at hand. (NOT THE SCRUM TEAM - there is a defined difference)
      This makes the question not a trick but a test of understanding as to what the purpose of the scrum meeting is, who it is for, and what the actions are.

      Now, I would like to petition the king (Ken) and ask that a valued member of this community be given their voice back.

    • Shoni Blue
      Message 73 of 73 , Oct 31 1:28 PM

        I think it’s also important to realize a PO is not simply a role; and the answer not black and white. Whether they attend the daily or not—or derive benefit from it—does not solely depend on their role, but on the personalities as well.

        As a newbie to this list, I would bravely suggest the SM be cognizant of the PO impact (to the team/discussion) and manage their daily meeting participation accordingly. That doesn’t necessarily mean the SM defines new rules or makes sweeping dictation restricting participation.  Perhaps it only means the SM discusses the observed impacts and lets the Scrum team converse and decide what works for their situation.

        To be clear, I am only referring to the Scrum daily; I make no inference to other items of conversation.

        Shoni Blue