Scrum tools comparison report contents

  • poojawandile
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 29, 2009
      Hi,
      Any thoughts what should be the contents of a Scrum/Agile tools comparison report?

      Thanks,
      Pooja
    • Alan Dayley
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 29, 2009
        Pooja,

        Only you know the answer to that question, assuming the report is for
        you or decision makers in your company. What is important to you may
        not be important to anyone else.

        My general guideline: The best way for any human to communicate in a
        group of humans is face-to-face and with tangible tools. If this
        ideal is not possible, the tool should bridge the gap to this ideal as
        best it can. It should encourage natural interaction, transparency of
        information, minimal complexity and adapt to your needs instead of you
        adapting to it.

        I suggest you use a decision making method taught to me by a friend of
        mine. She uses a matrix where you define the criteria that are
        important to you, decide their relative importance and score each
        option. See http://blog.crowinfodesign.com/2009/02/20/decision-matrix-ebook/
        for more information about it. Maybe it will help you make your
        choice.

        Unless your goal is just to compare tools. In which case, the above
        may not apply to what you need. You might find Mike Cohn's site
        http://userstories.com/products to be helpful.

        Alan

        On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 9:22 PM, poojawandile <poojawandile@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > Any thoughts what should be the contents of a Scrum/Agile tools comparison report?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Pooja

      • Ilja Preuß
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 30, 2009
          See whether http://radio.javaranch.com/ilja/2009/07/13/1247483707968.html
          gives you some ideas.

          Cheers, Ilja

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 30, 2009
            Hello, poojawandile. On Friday, October 30, 2009, at 12:22:18 AM,
            you wrote:

            > Any thoughts what should be the contents of a Scrum/Agile tools
            > comparison report?

            A long list of features available in various inferior ways of
            communicating?

            www.xprogramming.com/blog
            Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself.
            (I am large, I contain multitudes.) --Walt Whitman