RE: [scrumdevelopment] Re: How do you keep the product architecture sound with multiple teams

  • Roy Morien
    Message 1 of 27 , Oct 26, 2009
      Why do those UI design look slightly different on different screens? Is it because of colour differences between screens? (I know I have often seen my presentations look quite different, colour-wisem when I get to the conference room). Is it because of dofferences in rendering using IE, Firefox etc.?

      Or do the design differences come as a result of essentially the same screen being developed independantly by each team, thus duplicating or triplicating the development effort?

      In some cases, the potential for differences should have been identified and standards stated before development started. In some cases there is nothing you can do about it. In the 'independant design' situation you just gotta be better organised and cut-out the duplicated effort.

      Regards,
      Roy Morien

      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      From: mike@...
      Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 17:52:47 +0000
      Subject: [scrumdevelopment] Re: How do you keep the product architecture sound with multiple teams

      One example is reusable UI components. Separate teams needed such control, so they created it. During the review the PO noticed that the control looks slightly different on different screens.

      This also happens with other more fundamental functionality. So far we are running massive refactoring sprints to clean up the redundant code and improve the architecture. Is this right? From the outside it looks like the teams don't know what they are doing and they have to spend time doing "rework" (I know this is not agile term :-)

      Mike Robski

      --- In scrumdevelopment@ yahoogroups. com, Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@ ...> wrote:

      > Hello, Mike. On Monday, October 26, 2009, at 10:45:26 AM, you
      > wrote:
      >
      > > We do have common code repository and use continuous integration,
      > > but this does not solve the problem of duplicated functionality.
      > > And the hallway conversations are not always possible - some teams
      > > are in different location.
      >
      > Are you aware of some duplicated functionality? Can you tell us how
      > it came about, and how you became aware of it?
      >
      > Ron Jeffries
      > www.XProgramming. com
      > www.xprogramming. com/blog
      > A long range weather forecast should be obtained before leaving,
      > as weather conditions are extremely unpredictable. --Natal Daily News

      Click Here View photos of singles in your area