Help request: Please help us promote Startup Weekend

  • Amanda Abelove
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2009
      Hey folks -

      Just a quick note that the Startup Weekend LA 3 media blitz is starting tomorrow. Forbes, Business Week, Washington Post, Tech Flash, Venturebeat, and TechCrunch will be watching Startup Weekend, and therefore they will start to notice Scrum Club and Corporate Espionage, both of which got their start at the first Startup Weekend in LA December 14, 2007.

      It would be much appreciated if you guys can help promote this event, as a portion of the proceeds will go to our group in order to help us fund meeting space and support the teams that start at Startup Weekend and keep building an open community education program that everyone can participate in. As we strengthen Scrum Club we will be able to scale Corporate Espionage, to help us in turn fund other groups and non-profit projects in the community.

      We have three events coming up in partnership with Startup Weekend:
      • Nov 11: User Story Boot Camp , courtesy of Pete Neumann, Findology and RMI. ($40) http://userstorybootcamp.eventbrite.com/
      • Nov 17: How to Pitch at Startup Weekend , courtesy of RMI (Free, Stay tuned for event announcement).
      • Nov 24: Sprint Retrospectives Boot Camp with SWLA3 Teams (Stay tuned for event announcement
      The actual Startup Weekend LA event is:

      Below, please find the instructions for how to participate in the social media blitz for Startup Weekend.

      Your support, participation and work is very much appreciated. Please email me to let you know that you are participating and I will dig extra special treats out of my schwag vault for you.

      - Amanda

      SOCIAL MEDIA BLITZ FOR STARTUP WEEKEND

      It’s never been done before, so let’s try it! We have over 50 powerful people on this list who are helping organize and support Startup Weekend events in communities around the world this Nov & Dec. There will be over one thousand entrepreneurs in 14 cities building, learning, and starting companies before the end of the year. Our hats off to you all… seriously!

      What: The first ever cohesive social marketing push for all upcoming Startup Weekends.

      When: Starts Tuesday 10/27. Mornings are best for e-mail & postings. 1-7pm best for twitter/facebook

      Goal: To encourage registrations and to make all of the entrepreneurial organizations around the world take note of what communities around the world can do to make a difference!

      How: It’s not hard, just a few minutes from all of us will add up!

      -          Tweet & RT! – include links and #hashtag for cities.

      -          Facebook

      -          Your Blog

      -          LinkedIn

      -          Local Tech Forums

      -          E-mail a friend

      -          Guest Blog Posts – Invite someone or post on the Startup Weekend site or city page. (can just send to us).

      Remember, early bird discount code ends 10/30 - “swearlybird”

      We already have the likes of Forbes, Business Week, Washington Post, Tech Flash, Venturebeat, and TechCrunch watching to see what we can do. Let’s make some noise!

      Marc + Clint

      Schedule:

      November 13th-15th: Tulsa, OK – Boise, ID – London, UK – Atlanta, GA
      November 20th-22nd: New York – Bay Area (Silicon Valley) – Cleveland, OH – Dallas, TX – Los Angeles, CA – Lexington, KY
      December 4th-6th: Paris, France – Corvallis, OR – Boston, MA

      Dec 17th-20th: Tel Aviv, Israel

      -Amanda

      310-237-6370
      Skype: amanda.abelove

      Scrum Club - A Scrum methodology user group
      @scrumclub, #scrumclub
      http://scrumclub.org

      Corporate Espionage - A tradable card game on entrepreneurship
      @corpespionage, #corpespionage
      http://masterofespionage.com