Scrum Master opening in Chicago
BridgePort Networks has an opening for Scrum Master. We are a telecommunications startup in downtown Chicago . We have a rapidly growing development team that is using Agile methods, like Scrum, to meet our deliverables within a typically-insane schedule. ;^)
Here is the Job Description. Please send resumes to me. Thanks.
The Scrum Master is a senior-level position within Engineering responsible for BridgePort Network’s implementation and management of the Scrum process for project management.
- Manage all aspects of the Scrum process for all Engineering projects.
- Evangelize and train staff in Scrum processes.
- Ensure compliance with Scrum process requirements.
- Attendance at daily Scrum meetings.
- Daily updates of Sprint Backlogs.
- Adapt the Scrum processes as required for BridgePort Networks’ needs.
- Work with Product Owners (e.g., Marketing) and other stake holders to facilitate their participation in the Scrum processes.
- Train stake holders, as required.
- Prepare and maintain the Product Backlog and supporting documentation.
- Facilitate stake holder participation in the Sprint planning and review meetings.
Required Skills and Experience
Candidates are expected to have the following experience and skills.
- Scrum Master Certification or willingness to achieve certification.
- 1+ years of experience as a Scrum Master on commercial or IT projects.
- 2+ years of project management experience, using any project management process.
- Experience in discovery and documentation of use cases and requirements.
- Strong communications skills (written and oral).
- Strong people skills.
- Adaptive and innovative approach to project management.
Optional Skills and Experience
It is helpful if candidates have prior experience in the following areas.
- Experience as a software developer.
- Experience in product management or marketing.
Bridging Diverse Networks with One Identity
Dean Wampler, Ph.D.
Director of NCG Product Development