Scrum Master opening in Chicago

  • Dean Wampler
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2004

      BridgePort Networks has an opening for Scrum Master. We are a telecommunications startup in downtown Chicago . We have a rapidly growing development team that is using Agile methods, like Scrum, to meet our deliverables within a typically-insane schedule. ;^)

      Here is the Job Description. Please send resumes to me.  Thanks.

      The Scrum Master is a senior-level position within Engineering responsible for BridgePort Network’s implementation and management of the Scrum process for project management.

      Responsibilities

      Scrum Master

      • Manage all aspects of the Scrum process for all Engineering projects.
      • Evangelize and train staff in Scrum processes.
      • Ensure compliance with Scrum process requirements.
        • Attendance at daily Scrum meetings.
        • Daily updates of Sprint Backlogs.
      • Adapt the Scrum processes as required for BridgePort Networks’ needs.
      • Work with Product Owners (e.g., Marketing) and other stake holders to facilitate their participation in the Scrum processes.
        • Train stake holders, as required.
        • Prepare and maintain the Product Backlog and supporting documentation.
        • Facilitate stake holder participation in the Sprint planning and review meetings.

      Required Skills and Experience

      Candidates are expected to have the following experience and skills.

      • Scrum Master Certification or willingness to achieve certification.
      • 1+ years of experience as a Scrum Master on commercial or IT projects.
      • 2+ years of project management experience, using any project management process.
      • Experience in discovery and documentation of use cases and requirements.
      • Strong communications skills (written and oral).
      • Strong people skills.
      • Adaptive and innovative approach to project management.

      Optional Skills and Experience

      It is helpful if candidates have prior experience in the following areas.

      • Experience as a software developer.
      • Experience in product management or marketing.

      Dean Wampler

      Bridging Diverse Networks with One Identity

      Dean Wampler, Ph.D.

      Director of NCG Product Development

      office:

      312.377.1345