What about non-software projects?

  • nilsakervall
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 18, 2009
      Hello everyone,
      I am a strong believer in Scrum and I have seen what it can do for software projects.
      But what about non-software projects?
      And in particular what about non-software projects within finance, trade or banking?
      Does anyone have any experience in this field?

      Was it possible to use all parts of Scrum?
      Any adaptations?
      Which were the main benefits and which were the hurdles?
      A quick answer would be highly appreciated.
    • Mike Vizdos
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 18, 2009
        I have been able to apply all parts of scrum outside of sw development.

        Just like with software projects... Watch out for the scrum-buts that will drag a work effort down!

        Quick anwer enough?

        Thank you,

        -Mike

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 18, 2009
          Thanks, that was quick and very interesting.
          I would like to learn more about it.

          What area? Finance?
          Did you experience any differences whatsoever?
          How did you do the continuous testing?
          How did you do the sprint demo?

          BR
          Nils