RUP based on self-organization?

  • Mike Beedle
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 2002
      (This is buried at the end of my last message but I thought is
      important enough to make it a new thread.)

      Grady Booch wrote:
      > Mike Beedle wrote:
      > > No, Scrum is not a "process framework". Scrum is a set of _practices_
      > > or patterns that when applied generate a dynamic self-organizing
      > > process.
      >
      > [egb> ] your terminology is a bit off center from most of the process
      > community, but if I adapt to it, I can say exactly the same thing
      > about the rup: the essence of the rup is a set of explicit
      > principles (architecture first, develop iteratively, test
      > continuously, etc) and implicit ones (attack risk actively)
      > whose application generates a self-organizing process. All
      > that other stuff you see in a rup installation is no
      > different that what you see in an xp or a scrum book...just
      > specific examples/instances of the implications of applying
      > those principles.

      This is a historical event.

      I have never seen you or any of the RUP documentation say
      that RUP generates a self-organizing process.

      That's good news. Please spread the word and walk the talk,

      - Mike